Our excursion starts in the symbol of Croatian War for Independence, the town of Vukovar. After a walk tour with our knowledgeable local guide who will answer all your questions about the history of Vukovar, we will board on “Vukovar Waterbus Bajadera”, a first tourist boat in town since the beginning of the 20th century, and have a panoramic tour while tasting local wine and famous Croatian sweets bajadera. Our gourmet journey continues to Ilok Wine Basements that have been producing wine for more than 500 years. Friendly hosts will tell us everything about lifestyle of people of Srijem, hold a presentation about wine production and prepare degustation of typical Srijem products.
On our way to Zagreb, we will make a stop in a small rural household where you will taste typical Slavonian products; kulen, kulenova seka, čvarci, after which we continue to the capital of Croatia, the city with million hearts, Zagreb. We will then take you to a small family household in Hrvatsko Zagorje where you will dine a local Zagorje meal and spend the night in traditional Zagorje houses.
Our next region is Istria, and we are ready for degustation of local Istrian cheese and wine in “Kušaonica Festigia”. We will then take you to Motovun, the most attractive Istrian medieval town and the seat of world-renowned Motovun Film Festival. Explore the mythical city walls and enjoy all secrets of this tourist destination. After lunch at your choice, we are headed to “The Queen of Croatian Tourism”, Opatija, a popular summer and winter resort, surrounded by beautiful woods of bay laurel.
Our excursion continues to Josipdol, to a small family household Miščević where you will have degustation of local cheese. Our next stop is Plitvice Lakes National Park, the biggest national park in Croatia that extends across two Croatian counties. Sightseeing is followed by lunch and degustation of top quality Croatian Brandy in the household Stilanova Lika. Choose between huge number of homemade brandys: dunjevača, šljivovica, borovnička, medica etc. and learn about their production process. You will spend the night in a typical Lika family household and have the opportunity to see how locals used to live and defend themselves from rough nature conditions.
We are now ready for Šibenik, the town often referred to as the “centre of the world”. After a walk tour with our licensed guide, we are taking you for lunch at traditional Dalmatian restaurant in which you can taste all delices of Dalmatian gastronomic offer. Afternoon is reserved for free time in Šibenik and an optional excursion to the island of Krapanj which has a rich history in harvesting and selling sea sponges. You can visit the Museum of deep sea diving and get familiar with the tradition of sea sponge culture. Afterwards we are taking you to Split, the second largest Croatian town, where our local guide will take you on a walk tour.
On our way to the south, we can make an optional stop in Neretva Valley, where you will be welcomed with fry figs and local brandy and visit the aromatic mandarin plantations. The journey then takes us to Ston, a salt-producing town that offers olive groves, stunning coastline and the best oysters in the world. After an oyster tasting afternoon, we are headed to Dubrovnik, “The Pearl of the Adriatic.
Sightseeing with our professional local guide is followed by transfer to airport and flight back home.
• Airconditioned vehicle at group’s disposal as per itinerary
• Driver’s license, board, lodgings, and travel expenses
• Experienced English speaking escort (tour guide) throughout the trip as per itinerary.
• Guide’s expenses, board and lodgings
• Accommodation on HB basis as per itinerary
• Lunch in Vukovar, Zagreb, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Šibenik, Ston, Dubrovnik
• Oyster tasting in Ston, brandy tasting in Stilanova Lika, degustation of Slavonian products, degustation in Ilok Wine Basements, degustation in Istrian “Festigia”, cheese degustation in household Miščević
• Ticket to Vukovar Waterbus Bajadera and degustation
• Entrance fee for Plitvice Lakes National Park
• Experienced English speaking local guide for Vukovar, Zagreb, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Šibenik, Split and Dubrovnik
• Costs of organization
• Optional tours offered or services not mentioned
• Items of a personal nature
• Meals not mentioned
• Drivers/guides/porters gratuity
• Trip Cancellation Insurance and Trip Health Insurance